I believe that one’s conduct on Facebook often reflects one’s personality. This is an expansion of a previous post, but I think you will find this funny and even identify to some degree. So let’s look at the various Facebook personalities.
- The counterfeit. This person tends to glamorize everything he or she does, but the truth is much less glamorous. The counterfeit is all about keeping up appearances.
- The obsessed. The obsessed Facebooker posts a play-by-play of everything. You will know about every snack, meal, and every activity you can possibly think of.
- The self-absorbed. They will post all about their life and never comment, like, or acknowledge someone else’s posts unless they have something to gain.
- The busybody. Busybodies either have a Facebook profile to simply know what everyone else is doing while never posting or commenting, or they are all up in your business, sending you private messages to find out the latest and greatest about you (or not so greatest).
- The stalker. Stalkers are close relatives to busybodies. They look your profile up and down, analyzing every post, every comment, and will often reveal themselves by commenting on and liking multiple posts within a 5-minute period.
- The fair weather. Fair weather Facebookers will be your friend only when you make them happy. If you do something they don’t like, they are quick to unfriend or even block you. Some will even come back to you multiple times.
- The pot-stirrer. This person LOVES drama. He or she will always be starting something. If there is somewhere they can divide and turn people against each other, they are there.
- The pessimist. Every post is all about what they don’t have, how they’ve been mistreated, what went wrong at work, etc. This person’s Facebook profile will send you into a deep depression.
Do you have one to add? I know this cannot be exhaustive, but these are the top Facebook personalities that come to mind. Did you find yourself in here? Please share your thoughts.