I have discovered in every area of life that people vote with their money. It is no different in church life. Here is what they are saying if they are giving:
- I believe in the mission of the organization.
- I believe in the leadership of the organization.
- I trust that my money is going to good use and will not be wasted or mishandled.
It stands to reason that they are saying the opposite if they do not give or are not willing to invest in what is happening.
I have seen the craziest things done with church money:
- Designate it to the electric bill so the preacher doesn’t get any toward his salary.
- Other things that I will refrain from mentioning. You get the point.
What does it say about us when it comes to giving? We’ll let Scripture speak for itself.
- “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
Giving is a reflection of our heart! Where is your heart today?
5 thoughts on “People Vote with Their $$$”
True! Thanks for posting this, important to be checking our agendas when it comes to giving I reckon.
Good mornin Matthew.
Giving is a good thing, I’m all for it.
Go to my site if you will, and read my recent article “you aren’t under the tithe” if you like.
I certainly welcome any thoughts you want to offer brother.
I will definitely check it out.
In a church, people vote with their money and their attendance!